Addiction and Substance Abuse
BIRD has developed treatment experience based on years of working with all types of addictions and co-dependencies. We know that addiction develops from many different issues and each client is an individual with specific needs.
Are you in addiction?
Is it brain chemistry?
Is it a family Systemic patter or trauma?
Is it medicating pain? Is that pain physical, emotional, mental or spiritual?
Is there a void or emptiness inside you?
Were you born with a genetic link?
Do you abuse to eliminate feelings? For motivation? For passion?
Are you hypersensitive?
Could it be a specific neurotransmitter in the brain that may not be giving you enough Dopamine, Endorphins, Serotonin and other essential brain levels?
The medical and psychiatric field currently calls addiction a brain chemistry disease. We will help you and those around you to get to the core of all these questions. Parents, Spouses, and Partners are all affected and can be a part of your treatment plan. We will treat you based on an evaluation of these things and create change using the right modalities that mirror who you are. Those involved in 12 step program will be fully supported and any work here will not interfere with that. Our goal is to get to the core, go deeper within and discover why you became an addict and offer you the expertise and plan to move without addiction and substance abuse.
We Can Help
- Anger, Rage, Emotional Balance
- Brain Chemistry Repair Work
- Craving, Obsessing, Substituting One Addiction with Others.
- Couples and Marital Therapy with Recovering Issues
- Dual Diagnostic Clients
- Education Through Research
- Evaluation and Consultation for finding the right Inpatient treatment Centre
- Family Interventions
- Living with a Chemically Dependent Person
- Methylation Therapy and Treatment
- Nutrient Therapy for Recovery and Preventing Relapse
- Psychiatric Consults for Medication
- Recovery Plan, Coaching, Support and Spirituality
- Sexual Health in Recovery
- Shame Release Work
- Unresolved Family Issues
- Young Adult, Adolescent and Adult Groups
Do You Know the Warning Signs
Download our Substance Abuse Checklist to review some of the warning signs that a teen or young adult may be at risk for a substance abuse problem.